• What is the Student Visa Process?

    Step 1: - Attend a counseling session
    Attend a counseling session at our Office to find out your options relating to study destination, courses available and recommended institutions.

    Step 2: Register with Cambridge
    Register with Cambridge to start the admission and visa process. We can help you navigate through the various processes and make studying overseas easier.

    Step 3: Apply for admission
    Once you have decided what and where you want to study, we will help you complete the application to the institutions of your choice. At the time of application for admission you will be required to submit several documents including proof of previous academic qualifications and in most cases proof of your English language ability. We will also provide you with a checklist for the documents you will need to provide when the time comes to apply for your visa (step 7).

    We take the hard work out of tracking the applications by keeping in contact with the institution on your behalf.

    Step 4: Pay Tuition Fees
    To accept your offer from an education provider, you must pay the tuition fee. Most Australian institutions require you to pay the first semester fee only. You can choose to pay this fee through either Telegraphic Transfer (TT) or Direct Debit (DD). Our value added services department at Cambridge Educational Services can help you arrange either of these payment methods.

    Once the institutions have received and processed your tuition fee payment, they will issue you with an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (ECoE). Once we have received this, we will notify you that it is now time to come back to our Office with your required documents and start the visa application process.

    Step 5: Visa Lodgment
    To lodge your visa application you will need to provide the documents outlined in the checklist we provided you in step 3.
    Just like your admission application, Cambridge Educational Services will keep you updated as to the progress of your application and take the hard work out of tracking your application by keeping in contact with the visa office on your behalf.

    Step 6: Undertake Medicals
    You will need to undertake a medical examination by one of the doctors approved by the Australian Government. A list of the approved panel Physicians can be found by visiting: Once you have undertaken the medical examination, your doctor will forward the medical reports and documents directly to the visa office.

    Step 7: Visa Outcome
    We will notify you as soon as we know the outcome of your visa application so you can come in and collect your grant letter. In most cases this is a positive response and it means you can also start planning your travel and accommodation for Australia!

    Step 8: Travel Services
    We at Cambridge can help you organize your travel arrangements to begin your new student life in Australia. Air ticketing, insurance and foreign exchange can all be arranged through us to make studying overseas easier!

  • How safe is Australia?

    Australia is very safe, with a low crime rate, political stability and a harmonious society. The incidence of robbery and assault is relatively low and Australia has strict anti-gun and drug laws.

  • How do I apply for a course?

    The first step towards studying in Australia is to Contact CES. We will then provide you with a questionnaire to complete and use this information to review your academic and personal needs to assist you in selecting suitable study options.

  • Where is Australia located on the world map?

    Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere of the globe. It is known to be the down under land due to that.

  • Are Australian Qualification recognized in my Home Country?

    Australian qualifications are respected internationally when seeking employment or further study at leading international universities.

  • What are the Work rights during studies?

    While on a student visa, students can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight when course is in session and unlimited hours during vacations. International students studying master’s degree by research or PhD degrees can work unlimited hours.

  • What are the work rights for your spouse?

    The spouse of a student can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight throughout the year if the spouse has travelled to Australia on a dependent visa.If the student is studying at a Masters or Phd level, spouse can work full-time once the student starts their main course.

  • What is the weather like in Australia?

    Australia is diverse in its geography and climate. Australia’s summer starts in December and winters in June. Australia is in the tropics where the temperature s are in the mid of 20 degree Celsius.

  • Can mobile phones from overseas be used in Australia?

    Yes, Australia’s mobile phone service is similar to most other countries and uses the GSM network. It is generally cheaper to buy a local SIM card after arrival. Australia’s mobile phone charges are one-way fares, so you do not need to pay to receive calls.

  • Do I need to obtain a visa to temporarily enter Australia?

    All visitors to Australia not including Australian and New Zealand passport holders must obtain a Visa before traveling to Australia.

  • How do I get the confirmation from the Institute/University that I enrolled as a full time student?

    University/Institute will offer you an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (ECoE), which confirms that they accepted you as a full time student.

  • What is a semester?

    Semester refers to the length of the course. A semester is two terms of 11 weeks each. There is a vacation between the two terms, so the total course length is six months.

  • Can I drive in Australia?

    Yes, if you have international driving license.

  • Do universities offer scholarships to the international students?

    Australian universities offer coursework as well as research scholarships to the international students.

  • Do I need Health Examination/Medical to apply for Visa?

    Yes, you need to have health examination to apply for visa.

  • What are important considerations regarding English Requirements?

    Typically a student is required to provide the results of an English language test. The department will accept test results from the following specified English language tests for Student visa purposes taken in any country:

    • Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based test (TOEFL iBT)
    • Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
    • Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test (also known as Certificate in Advanced English).

    The department will continue to accept test results from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test and the Occupational English Test (OET) taken in any country.You can visit for more information about English Language requirements.

  • What happens if I don’t meet the minimum entry requirements for a course?

    Cambridge is very experienced at helping students fulfill their study goals. If a student does not meet all the entry requirements for a particular course we will provide advice on relevant study options such as English, foundation or diploma courses to help you gain entry into your chosen course.

  • Why are international students required to maintain overseas student health cover (OSHC)?

    Without access to the safety net of Medicare, international students may have difficulty paying for medical treatment. As a result, overseas student health cover (OSHC) was introduced to ensure international students have adequate health care arrangements during their stay in Australia. OSHC ensures international students can access appropriate health care without undue financial hardship.

  • What is the difference between Tafe, Universities and Private College?

    University:- Australian universities are an obvious choice for those wanting a career in a regulated profession such as law, nursing, dentistry, medicine, architecture or engineering, but this covers only a very small proportion of all the fields that can be studied at university. Universities also offer a wide range of degrees in general areas (such as science, health science, business and arts) and more specialized degrees such as journalism, environmental studies or psychology. Universities offer the highest level of qualification available.

    TAFE institutes:-Technical and Further Education (Tafe) Institutes offer practically oriented VET Courses at certificate and diploma level that focus on preparing students for vocational or paraprofessional careers (such as careers in the hospitality industry, childcare or design). They are government owned and provide courses designed to give students the skills needed by employers (with work experience and training using industry-standard equipment incorporated into most courses), so you will graduate ready for employment.

    Private colleges:-In addition to universities, there are a large number of private colleges in Australia. They may offer higher education courses (including bachelor degrees and/or postgraduate degrees), VET courses or a combination of both. All private providers are subject to extensive regulation and should be registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

  • Can I complain if I am not satisfied with a service or area of the University?

    You may make a suggestion or lodge a complaint about any academic, administrative or support services of the University, through the Student Complaints Policy.

  • What types of Support services areavailable for International Students?

    Australia is an international leader in safeguards and support services for international students. Student support services are available in all the institutes/universities free of cost.

  • Can my Student visa be cancelled?

    Yes, it can be through poor attendance or performance in class or if you undertake a criminal activity in Australia.

  • Will there be any fees for the services provided by Cambridge?

    Most of our services to students are free. We will guide you in course selection and admission. To find out more about how we can help you, please visit our Study in Australia section or visit physically.

  • What happens if I cannot pay my fees on time?

    Make an appointment to see an International Student Advisor as soon as possible. You can do this through the International Offices of the university.

  • What happens if I fail to renew my Visa?

    If you do not renew your visa, University is obliged to report your case to DIBP for noncompliance with the rules of your student visa, and you may be asked to show cause why you should not be asked to leave Australia immediately. It is expected that students would make an application for a visa extension at least six to eight weeks prior to their current visa expiry date.

  • Can I apply for a tourist/visitor visa after completing my program?

    Student must contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to determine their eligibility for a visa.

  • What is General Skilled Migration?

    The general skilled migration program is for those people, who are not sponsored by an employer and who have skills in occupations that Australia needs to fill labor shortages. Applicants must be over 18 and under 45 years of age and speak good English. They must also have recent skilled work experience or a recently earned and eligible Australian qualification as well as qualifications for an occupation listed on Australia’s skilled occupation list.

  • Does Cambridge Educational Services guarantee the visa?

    The respective visa offices decide outcome of all visa applications. Cambridge Educational Services does not have any influence on the processing and the outcome of visa applications.