• What is the Student Visa Process?

    Step 1: Attend a counseling session
    Attend a counseling session at our Office to find out your options relating to study destination, courses available and recommended institutions.

    Step 2: Register with Cambridge
    Register with Cambridge to start the admission and visa process. We can help you navigate through the various processes and make studying overseas easier.

    Step 3: Apply for admission
    Once you have decided what and where you want to study, we will help you complete the application to the institutions of your choice. At the time of application for admission you will be required to submit several documents including proof of previous academic qualifications and in most cases proof of your English language ability. We will also provide you with a checklist for the documents you will need to provide when the time comes to apply for your visa (step 6).

    We take the hard work out of tracking the applications by keeping in contact with the institution on your behalf.

    Step 4: Undertake Medical Examination and PCC
    After receiving your offer letter from an institution, you will need to undertake a medical examination by one of the doctors approved by the New Zealand Government. A list of the approved panel physicians can be found by visiting At the same time you need to arrange for your Police Clearance Certificate.

    Step 5: Organize Financials/Funds
    With your application for a student visa, you must provide evidence that you have sufficient funds to support yourself throughout your stay in New Zealand.In relation to your financials, Cambridge Educational Services strongly recommends that you take advantage of the Funds Transfer Scheme (FTS) offered by the ANZ bank. Benefits of using the FTS include

    • The scheme allows students' parents to have control over the amount of money that their child has access to in New Zealand
    • It ensures that the student will have access to sufficient money to meet cost of living in New Zealand
    • The scheme is a lot easier than the current alternatives available – where a range of documentation is required and/or a bank loan must be availed and
    • Applications submitted under this scheme will not be subjected to in-depth fund assessments thereby reducing processing times

    Step 6: Visa Lodgment
    To lodge your visa application you will need to provide the documents outlined in the checklist we provided you in step 3. Just like your admission application, Cambridge will keep you updated as to the progress of your application and take the hard work out of tracking your application by keeping in contact with the visa office on your behalf.

    Step 7: Pay Tuition Fees
    After lodgment of your visa applications, and once we have advised you that you have received "Approval in Principal" of your visa from the New Zealand Government, you will need to pay your 1st year's tuition fees. You can choose to pay this fee through either Telegraphic Transfer (TT) or Direct Debit (DD). Our value added services department at Cambridge Educational Services can help you arrange either of these payment methods.
    At this point, those students using the FTS will also need to transfer their living expenses contribution into their ANZ bank account.

    Step 8: Visa Outcome
    We will notify you as soon as we know the outcome of your visa application so you can come in and collect your grant letter. In most cases this is a positive response and it means you can also start planning your travel and accommodation for Canada!

    Step 9: Travel Services
    We at Cambridge can help you organize your travel arrangements to begin your new student life in Canada. Air ticketing, insurance and foreign exchange can all be arranged through us to make studying overseas easier!

  • Where is New Zealand located?

    New Zealand is situated in the South Pacific Ocean, south east of Australia.

  • What is FTS- Funds Transfer Scheme?

    The aim of the Funds Transfer Scheme (FTS) is to help facilitate the processing of applications for students who want to go to New Zealand to study for 12 months or more.

    Students are required to have up to NZ$15,000 for each calendar year that they are studying in NZ. Due to the savings habits, and financial arrangements in some student markets, potential applicants may have difficulty in demonstrating the need to evidence this mandatory requirement. For these clients, the ANZ FTS is an option that they may consider along with other supporting documents to demonstrate that they meet the funds requirement as per the student visa instructions. Opting for the FTS scheme in isolation does not mean the source of funds does not need to be explained. Details to demonstrate source and stability of funds will also need to be provided.More details of FTS can be found by visiting:

  • From where can I get my Police Clearance Certificate-PCC?

    Student needs to provide a Life Time PCC from either from the office of Senior Superintend of Police or from Regional passport Office.

  • Is English Proficiency required for New Zealand?

    Yes, the student must have enough scores in IELTS or 65% or above in ENGLISH in Year 12 from Maharashtra, West Bengal, Chennai, CBSE and ICSE Boards to meet the requirement. From 24 October 2015, providers are no longer able to use internal testing or evidence of prior primary and secondary school study in English to assess English proficiency for students from countries with a student visa decline rate of more than 20 per cent, as measured by Immigration New Zealand. More details can be found by visiting:

  • What are the Climate Conditions in New Zealand?

    Winter is June through August and our summer is between December and March. Temperature varies from 20–30°C during summers and 5–15°C during winters.

  • What is a Positive Profile?

    Positive profile means student having:
    • Good Academic
    • Proven ability of English(IELTS)
    • Verifiable funds
    • Regular source and sufficient income of financial guarantors.
    • Intended course is relevant to the educational Background or work Experience.
    • Clear health requirements and character

  • Can my family accompany me? If yes, on which visa?

    In most cases the spouse and dependent children of a student can be granted a visitor visa for the same duration as their partner or parents' stay.For more information please visit the Immigration New Zealand Website: Special Visitor Categories

  • Can I get Visa for all the Courses?

    Visa would be granted for all the courses that are level-5 and above or else has been listed in the Long Term Skill shortage List.

  • What are the Work rights during studies?

    Student can work up to 20 hours each week during the academic year provided he/she is enrolled in a full time course of study that meets one of the criteria listed below.

    • The student is undertaking at least 2 years long course at a private training establishment or tertiary institutions.
    • The course leads to a New Zealand qualification that qualifies for points under the Skilled Migrant Category of Immigration New Zealand's Residence Instructions.
    • The course is at least one academic yearlong and student is taking part in an approved tertiary exchange scheme.
    • Student is studying in year 12 or year 13 and has written permission from his/her school and his parents.

    Student can work full time during the Christmas and New Year holiday period at the end of each academic year provided student's course of study is full-time and more than 12 months long.

  • What are the Post study work rights?

    Students who complete either of the following qualifications by studying in New Zealand are eligible for a twelve-month open work permit:

    • A qualification at level 7 or above on the New Zealand Qualification Framework and studied that qualification in New Zealand for at least one academic year; OR
    • A two year qualification at level 4* to 6 on the New Zealand Qualification Framework and studied that qualification in New Zealand for at least two academic years OR
    • Two individual qualifications at level 4*to 6 on the New Zealand Qualification Framework, where each qualification is at least one academic year study in New Zealand, provided the second qualification is at a higher level than the first.
    * Only National Certificates Level 4 or the newly introduced NZQA owned “New Zealand Certificate” Level 4 qualify

  • What are the work rights for Dependents?

    Spouses of student on Work Visa can work full time in NZ. However, the dependents of students on visitor visa have no work rights.

  • What are Full-time work rights?

    You may work full-time during all vacations scheduled by your education provider if you are undertaking a full-time program of study of at least one academic year’s duration. Anacademic year means a program of study of a minimum of 120 credits during a period of at least eight months, that is, a minimum of two semesters.

    If your full-time program of study has a duration of at least eight months, and is a minimum of two semesters, but is less than 120 credits, you can work full-time over the Christmas and New Year holiday period. You do not have to have a job offer.

  • How can I apply to come to New Zealand as a Skilled Migrant?

    If you’ve got the skills we need and want to make New Zealand your long-term destination, the Skilled Migrant Category (SMC) offers you the opportunity to move to New Zealand to work and live permanently. The SMC is a points system and is the main pathway for skilled workers from overseas to become New Zealand residents. Points are awarded for factors such as a skilled job offer, qualifications, previous work experience, and age. A skilled job offer is usually critical to securing enough points to gain residence under the SMC. More information about SMC can be obtained by visiting:

  • How safe is New Zealand?

    Yes. In fact, according to the 2013 Global Peace Index, New Zealand is the 3rd safest place to live in the world (after Iceland and Denmark). Up against 144 countries, New Zealand was followed by Austria (4th) and Switzerland (5th). Other nations such as the UK (44th) and USA (99th) were much further down the list.

    New Zealand is a relaxed and welcoming place to live. NZ is a modern, secular democratic society and a mix of lifestyles is accepted here. People from many walks of life call New Zealand home and the majority of New Zealanders are honest law-abiding citizens.

  • Can I visit my own doctor for my medical?

    No, Immigration New Zealand only accepts medical exam results from a Designated Medical Practitioners.

  • What can I do if my study permit has been refused?

    There is no appeal process, but you can apply again at a later time.

  • Can I apply to the Government and obtain a VISA myself?

    YES! We recommend that students apply for visas themselves. This is a good learning experience.

  • Will I need to have an interview?

    Once the immigration officer has reviewed your application, they decide if an interview is necessary. If so, the visa officer will call you or provide details of the time and place if they wish to take your personal interview.

  • How should I apply to extend my Temporary Permit to remain in New Zealand longer?

    As you must be on a valid permit at all times while in New Zealand, you must either obtain a further temporary entry permit to remain in New Zealand, or you may depart New Zealand and wait for your residency decision offshore (please advise your immigration officer of your contact details in this case). To obtain a further permit, you must meet the current policy requirements of the permit type you wish to apply for. Please refer to visit, study, and work, for further information and application forms.

  • Does Cambridge Educational Services guarantee the visa?

    The respective visa offices decide outcome of all visa applications. Cambridge Educational Services does not have any influence on the processing and the outcome of visa applications.