• What is the Student Visa Process?

    Step 1: Attend a counseling session
    Attend a counseling session at our Office to find out your options relating to study destination, courses available and recommended institutions.

    Step 2: Register with Cambridge
    Register with Cambridge to start the admission and visa process. We can help you navigate through the various processes and make studying overseas easier.

    Step 3: Apply for admission
    Once you have decided what and where you want to study, we will help you complete the application to the institutions of your choice. At the time of application for admission you will be required to submit several documents including proof of previous academic qualifications and in most cases proof of your English language ability. We will also provide you with a checklist for the documents you will need to provide when the time comes to apply for your visa (step 5).
    We take the hard work out of tracking the applications by keeping in contact with the institution on your behalf.

    Step 4: Pay Tuition fee
    To accept your offer from an education provider, you must pay the tuition fee deposit. You can choose to pay this fee through either Telegraphic Transfer (TT) or Direct Debit (DD). Our value added services department at Cambridge can help you arrange either of these payment methods. Once the institutions have received and processed your tuition fee payment, they will issue you with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). Once we have received this, we will notify you that it is now time to come back to us with your required documents and start the visa application process.

    Step 5: Appointment and Visa Lodgment
    To lodge your visa application you will need to provide the documents outlined in the checklist we provided you in step 3.To complete the application process, you must book and attend an appointment at the visa application centers in India. All UK visa applicants are required to book an appointment prior to submission.
    Just like your admission application, Cambridge will keep you updated as to the progress of your application and take the hard work out of tracking your application by keeping in contact with the visa office on your behalf.

    Step 6: Visa Outcome
    We will notify you as soon as we know the outcome of your visa application and you can collect your passport. Now is the time you can start planning your travel and accommodation for UK!

    Step 7: Travel Services
    We at Cambridge can help you organize your travel arrangements to begin your new student life in UK. Air ticketing, insurance and foreign exchange can all be arranged through us to make studying overseas easier!

  • Please tell me something about UK?

    The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy and unitary state consisting of four countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. It is governed by a parliamentary system with its seat of government in London, the capital, but with three devolved national administrations in Belfast, Cardiff and Edinburgh, the capitals of Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland respectively.

  • Who can apply for the student Visa for UK?

    Nationals of all countries can apply for this visa.

  • What is the temperature of UK?

    The United Kingdom has a temperate climate, with plentiful rainfall all year round. The temperature varies with the seasons but seldom drops below -10 °C or rises above 35 °C

  • When Should I apply Student Visa?

    You can apply from 3 months before the start of your course.

  • How long does it take for the decision?

    You’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. You can check visa-processing times by visiting:

  • Can I apply to University/Institute without my Passport?

    No, it is not possible to apply to any University or Institute without any passport.

  • Can I go for any short duration course in UK?

    It’s not possible to get Study visa for short duration courses for international Students.

  • Can I transfer my credits from Indian University to UK?

    Yes, you can transfer your credits, provided university accepts your previous marks.

  • What are the Work rights during studies?

    While on a student visa, most students are eligible to work part time while studying. Students studying at a University at the degree level or above are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week when their course is in session and full time during vacations.
    Students studying at a University below degree level are eligible to work up to 10 hours per week when their course is in session and full time during vacations.
    Those students studying at a government-funded college are eligible to work up to 10 hours per week and full time during vacations.

  • Can I bring my family during my study?

    Yes, spouse can accompany you.A student is eligible to sponsor his/her spouse or children provided the student is undertaking a postgraduate course [NQF 7 or above] of more than 12 months’ duration at a university.

  • What are the Work rights for spouse?

    The spouses of the student who are undertaking a postgraduate course [NQF 7 or above] of more than 12 months’ duration at a university will have full work rights.

  • What are the various courses available in UK Institutes?

    There are various Diploma, Degree as well as Post Graduate & research programme available in UK in various streams like medicine, law, accountancy, architecture and other professions; or in the arts, media, humanities, business, science and technology.

  • Is IELTS mandatory in UK?

    You must prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.This usually means passing a secure English language test (SELT).

  • What are the age limits for applying a Study Visa for UK?

    Tier 4 (General) Student is for people coming to the United Kingdom for their post-16 education. Tier 4 (Child) Student is for children between the ages of 4 and 17 to come to the UK. Those aged between 4 and 15 may only be educated at independent fee-paying schools. Applicants aged 16-17 years studying on courses at National Qualification Framework level 3 or above have a choice of making an application either in the Tier 4 (General) Student category or the Tier 4 (Child) Student category. 16 and 17 year olds studying English language courses at level A2 of the Common European Framework of reference for Languages must apply under the Tier 4 (General) Student route. For any applicants under the age of 18, suitable arrangements must have been made for their travel, reception and care whilst in the United Kingdom.

  • What are the Living expenses for International Students in UK?

    Living Expenses is 800 pounds/month in London & 600 pounds/month in rest of UK.

  • Can I work part time in UK?

    Yes, International Students are allowed to work part time of 20 hours per week with studies & during vacation can work full time.

  • Tell me something about Biometric details

    Biometric details are scans of all 10 fingers and a full-face digital photograph. You will need to provide your biometric details in person. The whole procedure should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Your visa application will not be processed until you have met this requirement.

  • How long can I stay in UK on Student Visa?

    Successful applicants will be granted a visa in line with the length of their initial course of study..

  • Can I extend my Visa?

    You may be able to apply to extend your stay to continue your course or study a new course..

  • Does Cambridge Educational Services guarantee the visa?

    The respective visa offices decide outcome of all visa applications. Cambridge Educational Services does not have any influence on the processing and the outcome of visa applications.